Saturday, October 30, 2010

150 wall ball shots for time | 30 minute bike TT

150 wall ball shots for time
Total time: 7:27 (12# ball)

This was a little more than 1 minute slower than last time, but first time using the 12# ball vs. the 10# ball so I think its a good result. I definitely had to break more often with the added weight. Ran 2 miles outside to warm up for this. Legs feel incredibly strong at run start. Have to remind myself to slow down a little so I can get into a breathing rhythm that's sustainable.

30 minute bike TT
Total distance: 9.92 miles / 19.84 mph / AHR 148
Shortly after, I headed out on my tri bike for the 30 minute TT. The wind was blustery out of the south which made half of my ride a bit challenging. Didn't hit my fastest time, but a respectable time given the headwind and having to wait at my turn around for a car to go by. My legs are cooked after these last two days!

Starting to feel a little anxious about the race given it's really coming on fast. Added pressure due to the fact that I have to have my bike and gear bag on the tribike transport truck on November 9th! This means I really have to start getting it together. This coming week will really be my last big one with a 13.1 mile run and 1000 yard swim TT. Traveling to NY for a couple of days and big doings in the office will make getting it all done challenging, but I'll have to make it work.

I'm getting anxious, but I have very positive feelings about the race. This is good given I had a lot of misgivings during the summer when things were looking a lot less positive and I actually thought about bagging the whole thing. You have to believe and then just make it happen. I'm feeling ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment