Sunday, May 23, 2010

Shamrock Duathlon

Not bad I guess...

183/309     1:57:42      7/19 F4549  
5k  225  26:14     T1  1:11      Bike  170  59:57     T2 1:12        5k  211  29:10

I love this race. Was my first ever multi-sport event back in 2006. I've been hooked ever since. This was my fourth time doing this one, but first time on the new course. In 2008, I finished in 1:49 and change, but not sure its a direct comparison. The second run was really tough but I held a steady pace. It was slow, but I feel like I managed my pace well and kept myself from blowing up. The first 5k and the second were different routes. I was told the first was short and the second a little long. Felt strong on the bike and was really hammering it the whole way. Some soreness in my quads and glutes from the dead lifts yesterday.



2 comments:

  1. Pam,

    Great job - I was hoping to introduce myself to you today but must have come back to the finish line a minute or two too late (had to get a beer and some food). I wondered about that second 5k myself, but don't shorten the first one on me, I was somewhat happy with that time. Perhaps I'll catch up to you at Rev3. There will be a few of us there - perhaps a good time for a group photo.

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Pam! The quote you have posted on your blog pretty much sums up how I feel about the race. Glad you are feeling good.

    ReplyDelete