Saturday, April 10, 2010

you really can teach an old dog new tricks

CF WOD: Row 500M, 21 box jumps, 21 push ups, Row 500M, 15 box jumps, 15 push ups, Row 500M, 9 box jumps, 9 push ups

I did: Run .3 miles instead of Row 500M

Total time: 11:32  really pushed hard on this!

2nd WOD: 30 mile bike TT
1:39:00 (18.18 MPH)
I had thoughts about putting this off until tomorrow given the chill and brisk wind, but convinced myself to suck it up. With the weather, you get what you get on race day. Think IM Lake Placid 2008. It rained. It rained heavily. It rained at the start. It rained at the finish. It rained pretty much every moment in between. It wasn't a gentle rain in warm temps. It was a heavy, cold, beating rain that made you wonder what you'd done to piss mother nature, or god or the great spirits off that day. So I sucked it up. After all, the sun was out. The temp was pushing 60. And the wind... well, the wind will always be there.

Did my usual main street loop x 3 for this ride. The wind was pretty much coming from every direction today. It was never really at my back and seemed almost always to be coming at me head on. Sometimes it came from the side, threatening to knock me over. Made every mile of it a real effort, but I tried not to let up until I got the 30 done.

No comments:

Post a Comment