Sunday, July 04, 2010

Bike Tabata and CF WOD: (400M Run, 30 Box Jumps, 30 Wall Balls) x 4

Decided to do this past Thursday's workouts today since I raced that day.

Took me all day to finally get going on these... Finally, got myself out on my bike around 6:45 p.m. It was hot and I was procrastinating like nobodies business.

Legs felt like toast getting started, but I'm pretty amazed at how powerful these little 20 second efforts were. Set up my Garmin so all I had to do was listen for the beeps. Tried to stay in the saddle for most, but got up out a few times when there was a rise in the road just to maintain speed. I managed to keep most of these 20 second intervals between 21 and 25 miles per hour.

Covered 5.6 miles total.

Shortly after I did the CF WOD: (400M Run, 30 Box Jumps, 30 Wall Balls) x 4
OUCH! This one was tough!
Total time: 22:32

Did this one entirely outside. My 400s were each a little longer due to my issues with setting up the Garmin for this one. It just got messy. Ended up just picking a telephone on the street that was my halfway point. Did the box jumps and wall balls in the yard. Thought I might die! But, I didn't :)

Still having an issue with my left glute/hamstring. Its uncomfortable when I'm sitting and my stride is somewhat restricted when I run... Need to get this worked out!

Hope everyone had an awesome 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment